Saturday, January 29, 2011

But You Have Full Mana!!!

This has been the battlecry of the fail dpser/tank who died because (in their opinion) I must be a horribad healer.

I would say, on average, my experience using LFD so far has been 60/40 Good/Bad. I can only imagine that it is either going to get better or worse, considering the dungeons I've been doing are the early/easy ones.

As a Paladin, my spells are limited at this level. I don't even have Flash of Light yet. I'm limited to Holy Shock, Word of Glory and Holy Light as my bread and butter, which is a long cast spell. I have no AoE (unless you count passively healing myself whenever I heal anyone else). I can't work miracles.

I'm talking about you, Paladin "Tank" in Intellect gear spamming Exorcism. I'm talking about you, crazed Hunter who refuses to wait for the tank to pull and has his pet on aggressive+growl. I'm talking about you, Druid who tried to tank in Kitty form. I'm talking about you, Balance Druid who refused to let the tank pull because you have better armor than the tank. Fine, but then switch into freaking Bear form. Don't try to tank as a Night Elf. You are squishy and will die.


It's as if by the fact of just having mana I should be able to instantly transfer all of that mana into health magically saving everyone's stupid ass. I'm sorry, but it just doesn't work that way. There is no magic IWIN Healing button. If I spam heals on a tank and he still goes down, either a. the tank was not geared/specced correctly or b. the tank (or someone) pulled way too many or c. the tank (or someone) didn't move out of the bad or d. the tank did not pick up adds and I was too busy saving myself. I don't like to blame others. When people point the finger at me all I will say is I'm doing my best. If they keeping blaming and complaining at me I simply leave. Its just not worth the effort to argue.

I am a damn good healer. I've been healing for so long its like second nature. I know when a wipe is my fault and I will freely admit it. Just because I still have mana doesn't mean I've been sitting and twiddling my thumbs letting you die. Believe it or not, at this level I have yet to go OOM. Maybe its all the Spirit gear I've been getting. Maybe Blizz tried to make it a little easier on low level healers. I don't know.

Wipes happen. I don't know if anyone told you, but Godfrey is a hard boss, even on regular at level 20. I don't know if you realize, but 10 mobs is a bit excessive and is likely to wipe even the best group, especially if no one seems to know how to CC. How many healers are going to be left if the first thing we hear is that its our fault? Even if it is our fault, c'mon, cut us some slack.

2 comments:

  1. That's just such a horrible argument by people who don't have a clue how it works with healing (and one might wonder if they even know how casting works at all).

    It's like they forget that spells actually have a cast time. Or a global cooldown. And that not every spell is an overpowered aoe heal that puts everyone to full (or that those even exist!)

    Stupid people are stupid.

    I know a lot of people say that CC at lower levels is pointless, but I personally like to consider it training for the 80-85 stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazes me is that every single crappy pug I've had has used this argument when we wipe. Maybe I'm not really as good as I think I am... Nahh! That can't be it. For every bad pug I've had more good and have gotten compliments on my healing skill.

    The irony was getting this complaint from a fellow Paladin. Really? I know he was a tank, but how can you have no concept of how healing works when you have the same healing spells that I have?

    And yes, maybe CC is pointless at low levels... if your tank doesn't accidentally pull an entire room and half the mobs are nomming the healer. Any good player will attempt to CC or pull one or more mobs off of their healer. But no... Something is nomming my face. I do my awesome Pally stunny thingy to CC it, DPS hits it, it breaks my CC and continues nomming my face. /cry

    Omnomnom! All the talk about nomming is making me hungry. I'm going to go have a cookie to cheer myself up.

    <3 Thanks for commenting, Saga.

    ReplyDelete