Sunday, January 16, 2011

Disappointment

I've been having the time of my life working on my new Dwarven Holy Paladin. I have hardly had any thoughts of making a new alt. Gwennis had become my focus, until now.

The other day I mentioned the quirks I have when playing (really I think it might be a touch of OCD). Well, my little quirk has made me run ramming force into a brick wall and now I can't go any further. Why you might ask?

The Battle for Thandol Span is broken. I refuse to move on to Arathi before completing this quest. This is one of those iconic moments in the Dwarven story. I am not skipping it. Apparently my best bet is to try to get it done directly after a server reset. The comments at Wowhead say not to hold your breath, that you're better off questing someplace else.

I'm extremely disappointed. I wouldn't be so upset if this hadn't been broken since The Shattering. Yeah, you remember, Patch 4.0.3a back on November 23rd, 2010? Yeah, it's been broken this whole time. I'm just glad I didn't bump into this back then. If I'd been waiting this long for it to get fixed so I could continue my Dwarf's story I'd be hopping mad by now. I wonder how much else in the world is broken like this.

I imagine I'm being a bit extremist and unreasonably stubborn. There isn't really anything preventing me from moving on. It just feels wrong to me to do so.

Anyway, I'm back to my altoholic ways, making random alts to pass the time. Maybe I'll finish my Dwarf someday. The ball is in Blizzard's court now. I hope someone out there cares for those of us who actually love questing.

No comments:

Post a Comment