Saturday, November 27, 2010

The 20 Days of World of Warcraft: Day Five

The meaning behind your mains name?

I've done this before for Amaranthine. With the change of my main, I guess it is time I explored the reasons I chose the name Vivacious for my Druid.

Let's start at the beginning (that's the usual place to start). Ever since I realized I loved healing, I've thought it would be a good idea to eventually have one of every healing class. After my Priest hit max level I started working on a Paladin and a Druid. This was somewhere towards the end of BC after my raiding guild blew up. I had named my Draenei Paladin Vivacious and my Night Elf Druid Effloresce.

I'm not exactly sure where the name came from. It just popped into my head as I was creating her. I was listening to some techno at the time and I gave her the adorable pigtail haircut and imagined her a bouncing little raver Draenei. Vivacious just fit. I worked on and leveled Vivacious the Paladin intently up until Wrath was released. I think I left her somewhere in the late 40s early 50s when I leveled Ama up to 80.

Sometime mid Ulduar I grew weary of my raiding guild and essentially stopped raiding on Ama and focused on my paladin. For some reason, at that time, I thought it would be wise to give her a name change. So the Paladin became Levity. I was still quite attached to the name Vivacious though. So I deleted Effloresce and created a new baby Druid named Vivacious.

I am so glad I started the Druid over as Vivacious. I was mortified when I found one of the new Resto Druid abilities in Cata was Efflorescence. I couldn't have tolerated having a character with essentially the same name as a spell. I see the grief my friend Spellpower gets over his name. He chose that name before there was such a thing as Spell Power, but we all seem to forget that there ever was such a thing as Spell Damage.

I think Vivacious is the perfect name for a healer, as it means lively or full of life. That's what healers are, that's what they do, they fill themselves and others with life.

No comments:

Post a Comment