Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The 20 Days of World of Warcraft: Day Two

Favorite race and why?

Once again, I'm limited to just one?

This is a very complicated question for me. To even begin to answer the question, I took a look at all of my current toons across all realms. The vast majority of these are fly-by-night low-level alts that I made on a whim. Perhaps looking at what race I choose most often based on whimsy is a good place to start.

Alliance:
  • Night Elf - 4
  • Draenei - 2
  • Human - 2
  • Dwarf - 1
  • Gnome -1

Horde:
  • Blood Elf - 5
  • Undead - 2
  • Orc - 2
  • Tauren - 1 
  • Troll - 0
I wasn't really surprised by what I found. I have 5 Blood Elves and 4 Night Elves. Aesthetically my choice will always be elves. They are both beautiful and thin and elegant in appearance. My love for these races ends there. In fact, more often I've been leaning away from my elven proclivity. The shocker for me is that I have no Trolls. I have made Trolls in the past. I guess they have all fallen by the wayside. I was also kind of surprised to see that my Horde to Alliance ratio is 1:1. Hooray for being fair and balanced (and not the Fox News way).

When it comes to roleplaying I find elves more difficult to play. For the purposes of roleplaying my choice will typically be Dwarf or Undead. I love the lore surrounding these two races and the personalities these races typically have.

All of this aside, one of my altoholic goals is to have a high level character of every race. Currently, my high level toons are 2 Night Elves, 2 Draenei and 1 Human. I will have a high level Horde toon... someday.

So... my answer is: ALL OF THEM!

No comments:

Post a Comment