Saturday, November 20, 2010

The 20 Days of World of Warcraft: Day One

Favorite class and why?

Really? Do I have to pick just one?

If someone had asked me this question a little over a month ago (before Patch 4.0.1), my answer would have been easy. I would have easily said priest. It's kind of ironic looking back at things now. When the changes to priests happened between TBC and Wrath I was worried then that I wouldn't like them. Even throughout Wrath I often would say that I still wasn't sure if I was playing Discipline right, and still wasn't sure if I liked what Blizzard had done to priests. In retrospect, with the experience of having seen the new LolSmite Disc spec and having tried to use it, I can firmly say that I loved what Discipline was throughout Wrath, I just didn't recognize it. In the immortal words of Joni Mitchell, "...you don't know what you've got til it's gone."

This leaves me with quite a bit of a conundrum as to favorite class. I'd like to say druid, because I am loving both my Resto and my Boomkin specs, plus there is still more to learn (I could be a bear or a kitty still). There is so much versatility in the druid class, it's almost mind-boggling. The healing in Resto is absolutely fabulous. It plays very fluidly, there are choices to make and it isn't just rotation, rotation. And Boomkin.... I can't say enough about Boomkin. This is my first true dps spec that I've enjoyed. I understand it. It's easy, but complex enough, and I love the pretty Power Auras.

All of this aside, I think I could find the same things in other classes. I am a true altoholic, and I am looking forward to experiencing other classes and other roles. I am absolutely loving my Blood DK, and I went into it very skeptical because I've struggled to tank in the past; despite my nervousness tanking I fell in love.

While I am loving my DK and playing her most at the moment, I think right now my answer has to be druid.

No comments:

Post a Comment