Monday, February 14, 2011

The 20 Days of World of Warcraft: Day Twenty

Where would you be now if World of Warcraft never existed?

This has to be one of the most difficult questions to answer. Like Beru at Falling Leaves and Wings, WoW empowered me to leave a relationship that had been rancid for some time. The friends I made and the challenges I overcame while raiding made me feel strong enough to remember that I am a human being and I deserve to be happy. It took a long time and a lot of chit-chat with friends in game for me to really get to that point. Now, I am happily divorced, working in a career that I love, and I am writing again (even if just in this medium). These are all things that I am sure I never would have done if not for WoW. I don't want to think about where I might be right now if that hadn't happened. I'd like to think that I would have recovered my self-confidence in some other way, but I just don't know that to be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment